From: openssl-project <openssl-project-boun...@openssl.org> On Behalf Of Ivan
Ristic
Sent: Friday, November 6, 2020 11:29 AM
To: openssl-project@openssl.org
Subject: OpenSSL Cookbook is being updated soon

Apologies for starting a new thread, but I had no previous message to reply to.
Matt alerted me to the mention of OpenSSL Cookbook here and I was previously
not on this list.

I am committed to maintaining OpenSSL Cookbook. In fact, we've just completed
the 3rd edition. This time I had Matt help me as a technical reviewer and that
led to many improvements. We're currently updating our web site and will
release the new edition as soon as that's done.

The 3rd edition required many changes because of TLS 1.3. Now that it's done,
going forward I will aim for continuous updates as needed.

Additionally, we wish to make the content more useful by splitting it into
smaller chunks. At the moment, it's presented as one page per chapter, which is
not ideal. We will look into this at some point after the release.

If you'd like to see the 3rd edition before it's officially out, you can
actually get it immediately by registering for an account here
https://www.feistyduck.com/account/register If you already have an account, it
should be offered to you at the bottom of the library page
https://www.feistyduck.com/library/ I would certainly welcome any thoughts
about the content and the possible improvements. The scope is generally
command-line usage.

--
Ivan