On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Patrick Stalder wrote:

> We have a server with WindowsNT 4.0 (SP4) and Perl 5.004_2 installed. We
> have tried to install OpenSSL on this server, but it doesnt work. To
> build the libraries, it is necessary to have a Visual C++ Compiler on
> the system?
> Where can I find more informationen for the installation on a windows
> platform?

OpenSSL is a development library, it's not a magical item that you just
have to plug in your Windows environment to turn your machine into a
secure vault....

Of course you need to have a compiler to use it, and if you plan to
produce something to run with Windows, you'd better have a Visual C++ (you
can compile the stuff with another compiler, I did it with Borland C++
Builder, but it's a real pain...).

And finally, you need to have a project in mind... Something you want to
create or adapt...

--
Erwann ABALEA
System and Development Engineer - Certplus SA