Can anyone help me with a proxy I am writing ? I would love to run a ssl proxy which

gets a connection from an unencrypted connection then connect to a secure server
and pass the data to the server encrypted, and pass the result back to the client.
That I am able to do where I have problem is when I store the open SSL connection in
a link list and then reuse it on subsequent connections from a different client.
This is what happen, my proxy writes to the server then there is a getpid from
the ssl library which then closes the connection. can some one explain why this happen.
I hope I explained it well.

Burtland