Will Day wrote:

> A short time ago, at a computer terminal far, far away, Steve Hay wrote:
> >I'm trying to build OpenSSL 0.9.5a on Solaris 2.4, using the Sun
> >WorkShop Compiler v3.0.
> >
> >    ar: asm/sparcv8.o cannot open
> >    ar: asm/sparcv8.o not found
> >
> [...]
> make this change in crypto/bn/Makefile:
>
> Where it has:
>
>         asm/sparcv8.o: asm/sparcv8.S
>
> Change it to:
>
>         asm/sparcv8.o: asm/sparcv8.s
>
>         asm/sparcv8.s: asm/sparcv8.S
>                 /usr/ccs/lib/cpp asm/sparcv8.S > $@

Thanks for this!  I can now successfully run "make". But......

When I run "make test" I see the following message over and over again:

    tcov_exit: Coverage data file '/tmp/openssl-0.9.5a/crypto/sha/sha1dgst.d'
is empty.

What does this mean?  How do I fix it?  Do need to bother fixing it?

The "make test" command appears to complete successfully other than this,
finishing with "`test' is up to date."

Steve Hay