Nicolas Roumiantzeff wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem with an SSL server that uses a self-signed certificate.
> Using the standard callback function to check the certificate chain I get
> the X509_V_ERR_DEPTH_ZERO_SELF_SIGNED_CERT error and if I simply ignore this
> specific error then any self-signed certificate is accepted not just those
> specified in the X509_STORE.

OpenSSL 0.9.5a should now allow the use of a self signed SSL server
certificate using the standard verify function if the same certificate
is placed in the store.

You can test this with (on 0.9.5a):

openssl verify ss.pem
[error]

openssl verify -CAfile ss.pem ss.pem
[hopefully no error]

Versions of OpenSSL before 0.9.5a didn't support this.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/
Personal Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]