At 04:57 PM 11/20/00 +0000, you wrote:
>"Visionary Website Creations, Inc." wrote:

>> >Strange, those error messages don't seem consistent. The first one
>> >suggests it can't open the file: is the file name correct and does it
>> >have the correct permissions?
>> >
>> >Steve.
>> >--
>> >Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/
>> >Personal Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> >Senior crypto engineer, Celo Communications: http://www.celocom.com/
>> >Core developer of the   OpenSSL project: http://www.openssl.org/
>> >Business Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] PGP key: via homepage.
>>
>> Yes.  The filename and permissions are correct.
>>

>What does this alleged certificate look like? Can you read it with
>
>openssl x509 -in cert.pem
>
>or does it give a similar error? Can you include the certificate file?
>It doesn't contain anything confidential and it may be packaged in an
>unusual way which needs converting.
>
>Steve.
>--
>Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/
>Personal Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Senior crypto engineer, Celo Communications: http://www.celocom.com/
>Core developer of the   OpenSSL project: http://www.openssl.org/
>Business Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] PGP key: via homepage.

It looks ok to me:

ns1:/usr/local/ssl/bin # ./openssl x509 -in ../certs/probrasive.com.cert
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----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=
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
ns1:/usr/local/ssl/bin #

Greg Dawson, President
Visionary Website Creations, Inc.