Shridhar Bhat wrote:

> > ¾G¹ÅÂ×(kevin) wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Will you post to this mailing list how and where to download the tool?
> >
> > kevin
> Yes, I would post it here.
>
> I've got the permission from management to release it under GPL.
> I have asked to set up a machine from where it could be downloaded.
> Also, I am figuring out the licensing issues. I came across lot of
> discussions which advise releasing a tool under GPL. I may not spend
> too much time on it but if you have some quick words on it, I would
> be happy to have them. Sorry for the delay.

Shridhar, a tool that incorporates OpenSSL code can hardly be released as
GPL, because OpenSSL itself is not GPL.

I think you should release it under a license similar to the one of OpenSSL,
that is BSD like, that both makes the source of the product available to
everyone, and leaves you perfectly free to use the code in any commercial
product you do not want to  release the source code of.

Maybe be you could release it as an external contribution to openssl.

It might be a good idea to take the license of the recent release of
Echohttpd as a model.