Thanks  a lot for the replies, but , I guess we are missing out a point
here. I need to have the private key decoded into plain text
and not just remove the password phrase.

I realised this because even after trying out the solutions,
it gives me the error : "could not use the key file:"

If I am wrong , please do correct me.....

Thanks
Prashant