Hi

I've got a question regarding crl formats.

Until now, I found two mime types for use with crl's:

"application/pkix-crl", which seems to be either a DER or PEM formatted
crl as in openssl crl.

"application/x-pkcs7-crl", which, I would guess at least by its name,
should be a pkcs7 file containing a crl and the isser certificates. I can
easily create one using openssl crl2pkcs7.

At least Netscape 4.nn however requires mime type
"application/x-pkcs7-crl" together with a DER formatted crl, as in openssl
crl. It will refuse a pkcs7 crl, at least in DER Format.

Is Netscape just horribly wrong or what is the defined crl format for
"application/x-pkcs7-crl"?

As a additional question, does anybody know what crl format is required
together with Checkpoint Firewalls?

Bye
Tim