Hi,

        I have a problem interfacing a java server and an openssl client. On the
server I am using Cryptix 3.2 and the client is using a openssl 0.9.6.

        Java's keytool is used on the server to store all the certificates and
server's public key. I create a self signed X509 certificate for the c
client
        by using the openssl tool. This certificate is imported in the keystore
using the keytool. For now I am only encrypting/decrypting a string with
        the RSA public/private keys. So c client encrypts the string with the
servers public key ( which is inside the self signed certificate that is
generated
            using the key tool ). I use the RSA_public_encrypt() function
with the PKCS1 padding. Server is able to successfully decrypt this string
with it's private
        key using a RSA cipher with PKCS1 padding but when I try to encrypt a
response to the client with the certificate previously imported, for some
        reason c client is unable to decrypt this message. I am not sure if the
problem is with Cryptix encryption or the openssl decryption. I have tested
        the generated openssl certificate and it matches the private key that is
used on the client side.

        Has anyone tried anything similar??

        Any ideas on how to go about debugging this??

        Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated.

Mick Bozovic.
SecurePay Pty. Ltd.
Lvl 3/257 Collins Street, Melbourne,
VIC, 3000, Australia.