On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 03:18:20PM +0200, Carsten Rhod Gregersen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to create an library for transfering special info between
> an client and a webserver. But I have run into some strange problems.
>
> I can connect to all kinds of webservers but one is allways failing.
>
> I've debugged with returning the sslstate within the program, giving me:
>
> Before connect
> Before ssl connect
> SSL_connect:before/connect initialization
> SSL_connect:SSLv3 write client hello A
> SSL_connect:error in SSLv3 read server hello A
> SSL connect failed
> Out
>
> If I run the openssl program using the s_client option I can get
> it to work... What am i doing wrong ???

You are using SSLv3 only. s_client by default uses SSLv2 compatible
client hello messages and supports SSLv2, SSLv3 and TLSv1.
Try 's_client -ssl3' and see, whether it still succeeds. Probably
the server only supports SSLv2 (it may also enforce TLSv1, but this
is not likely).

Best regards,
        Lutz
PS. Query the error queue for more information.
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/