Hi,
I'm attempting to sign a certificate request using the CA.pl script included
with OpenSSL.

Configuration:

-Slackware 8
-OpenSSL 0.9.6b

When I attempt to issue the ./CA.pl -sign command I get the following error:

[16:56:42][root@victory-260]# ./CA.pl -sign
Using configuration from /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf
Enter PEM pass phrase:
unable to load CA private key
10436:error:06065064:digital envelope routines:EVP_DecryptFinal:bad
decrypt:evp_enc.c:277:
10436:error:0906A065:PEM routines:PEM_do_header:bad decrypt:pem_lib.c:451:
Signed certificate is in newcert.pem

Has anyone seen this before? I can generate a certificate request using
./CA.pl -newreq and I can use OpenSSL on my system, I just can't generate a
signed certificate.

If anyone has any ideas as to how I can troubleshoot this problem I'm all
ears.  Just for the record, I've already created a CA certificate and I have
also successfully generated signed certificates using this system before
(about 1 month ago) but now I am unable to sign certificates.

cheers,
Gabe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]