"Feng, James" wrote:

> Hi Keary,
>
> After I recompiled perl 5.6.1, I installed modules, URI, MIME-Base64,
> HTML-Parser, libnet and Digest-MD5, then I installed libwww-perl. When I
> tried to install SSLeay, at the point of 'make test' I still got the
> error I previously got but this time I did 'make install' any way. It
> looked like installed the module without complain. Unfortunately when I
> tried to use LWP call to a https site I got the following error. Any
> ideas? Thanks.
>
> Error:501 Can't locate object method "new" via package
> "LWP::Protocol::https" (perhaps you forgot to load
> "LWP::Protocol::https"?)

If you can't get past the "make test" cleanly, chances are slim
for the module to work besides, and I would expect this kind
of error in that case.

The original error was:

> > Crypt::SSLeay: ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/perl: fatal:
> > libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory at

Your libgcc_s.so.1 is not being found at runtime by
your systems loader.  Make sure that library can be
found in your system's environment LD_LIBRARY_PATH...

--Josh