Joshua Chamas wrote:

> "franck P." wrote:
> >
> > Hi there,
> >
> > running perl 5.004_04 on Solaris 2.6, SPARC, OpenSSL 0.9.6,
> > I have installed Crypt-SSLeay-0.29.
> > No compilation problem (excepted for an other module:
> > libwww-perl-5.5395).
> >
> > After some test, everything goes fine. But, I have tried to connect
> > to a running machine which has NO Web server installed.
> > Then my test program, exit and print: Broken Pipe.
> >
> > My test program looks like:
> > my $ua = new LWP::UserAgent;
> > my $req = new HTTP::Request('GET',"https://$AUTHSERVER";);
> > my $res = $ua->request($req);
> > ---> broken pipe here.

I finally got a chance to look at this some more.  It seems
specific to OpenSSL 0.9.6a on one platform, where on 2 other
boxes, one running OpenSSL 0.9.4 and OpenSSL 0.9.5a this
problem doesn't occur.

I would recommend downgrading your openssl to not get this
broken pipe error.  It may be that openssl 0.9.6b does
not have this problem, I have not tried it yet though.

--Josh