On Tuesday 20 November 2001 00:20, viswanath wrote:
> But the self signed certificate that has been generated contains the
> following
>
> X509v3 Basic Constraints:
>                 CA:TRUE
> X509v3 Key Usage:
>                 Certificate Sign, CRL Sign
>  Netscape Cert Type:
>                 SSL CA, S/MIME CA, Object Signing CA
>
> which means that it is a CA certificate.
> So what else could be the problem.

Can you give us a side-by-side of the differences between the CA cert that
was imported OK and the CA cert you can't get imported? Logic (or a
first-order approximation thereof) tells me that's where you should find
your answer ... though of course it could be something like the way the
strings are encoded rather than the nature of the attributes.

Perhaps "openssl asn1parse -i" the two and take a look at what kind of
differences you find?

Cheers,
Geoff