From: Fish Flowers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

fish> So, I'm a relatively clueless desktop support type, who somehow has ended
fish> up trying to build and secure a Solaris 8 box. Woe is me, most especially
fish> because I can't seem to get OpenSSH to #$@! configure.
fish>
fish> I think the problem is with my OpenSSL install, and here's why: When I run
fish> configure in the OpenSSH (3.0.1p1) source directory, it bombs out,
fish> apparently when trying to find either A) libgcc_s.so.1, or
fish> B) libcrypto.so -- it reports that it can't find a working OpenSSL
fish> directory.

So, did you tell the OpenSSL configuratino script any specific place
where it should be installed?  If not, it's most probably installed in
/usr/local/ssl.  Then, if the OpenSSH configuration script can't
figure it out, I'm pretty sure it has some options which you can use
to tell it where to look.  The following might help you find out what
those options are:

      ./configure --help

--
Richard Levitte   \ Spannvägen 38, II \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Redakteur@Stacken  \ S-168 35  BROMMA  \ T: +46-8-26 52 47

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.