Hi there,

I've been trying to run apache (1.3.12) and mod_ssl
(2.6.6-1.3.12).  I've also tried using both OpenSSL
0.9.5a and 0.9.6c (for my purposes, both perform
identically).  Everything compiles fine, however
when I attempt to run 'apachectl startssl' is says the
following:

[root@tokyo bin]# ./apachectl startssl
Syntax error on line 208 of
/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libssl.so into
server: /usr/local/apache/libexec/libssl.so: undefined
symbol: _OtsRemainder32Unsigned
./apachectl startssl: httpd could not be started

However, 'apachectl start' works just fine.
'apachectl configtest' says "Syntax OK".
Line 207, 208, and 209 are as follows:
   <IfDefine SSL>
   LoadModule ssl_module         libexec/libssl.so
   </IfDefine>

I've compiled mod_ssl and apache more ways than you
can shake a stick at.  One of the many ways i've
compiled each was the following:

mod_ssl:
  ./configure \
     --with-apache=../apache_1.3.12 \
     --with-ssl=../openssl-0.9.5a \
     --prefix=/usr/local/apache \
     --enable-module=ssl \
     --enable-module=all \
     --enable-shared=max \
     --enable-rule=EAPI

apache:
   make
   make certificate TYPE=custom
   make install

I am compiling and running this on an alpha 600
running the 2.2.16 Linux kernel.  When I compile
OpenSSL it uses the platform version of
'linux-alpha+bwx-ccc'.  Lastly, I sent mail to the
mod_ssl user list and someone commented about it
looking like an openssl build issue.  Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch,
Kurt