Is it possible to import CA certificates at the OS level (IE: right into an
openssl install), rather than the application level?  I'd rather not try to
insert certs into every app on a given linux system, especially since some of
them seem to be broken (KDE has no CA import in the version with Mandrake
8.1).

I looked around, and couldn't find any root certs with openssl, so I'm
guessing I'm barking up the wrong tree, and every app always needs its own
list of CA's, but a confirmation would be nice.

Jason