on 2/11/02 9:13 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] purportedly said:

> I am trying to install a VPN software package that requires
> libcrypto.so.2 and I having problems locating it... I have upgraded my
> openssl package to openssl.0.9.6.c and apparently libcrypto.so.2 did not
> come with that package.  Does anyone know where I can get the
> libcrypto.so.2.  ???

Did you build one yourself? I could never find an up to date RPM. I had to
roll my own, and force RPM to recognize legacy .so files. But of course, you
can get the "kaboom" mentioned, but it's really just a matter of getting the
source rpm's of the problem apps and rebuilding. That generally forces the
app to re-link to the new libs, and I haven't had any problems doing this.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.