Thank you for giving me advice. I will check "timing out slow
operations" out.

Thank you,
        Atsushi

hierophant> You may want to review the section on "timing out slow operations" as well
hierophant> as blocking/non-blocking I/O in the "Programming Perl" book. IIRC, this
hierophant> behavior with read() is not uncommon.
hierophant>
hierophant> Keary Suska
hierophant> Esoteritech, Inc.
hierophant> "Leveraging Open Source for a better Internet"

###
Atsushi Ikeda
Elegant Solutions Consulting Inc.
TEL:604-709-0712  FAX:604-709-0733  Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]