Hi,

I'm a new user to OpenSSL Lib.
I'm trying to validate an S/MIME message.

I've got the senders certificate and the CA's certificates. There are 2 CAs
involved (itermediate and root). The problem I'm having is telling the
smime utility to use both certificates to validate the sender's certificate....

The command I'm using is:
"openssl smime -verify -in msg.txt -inform SMIME -certfile sender.cer
-CAfile CA1.cer -CAfile CA1.cer"

I got the error "UNABLE TO GET LOCAL ISSUER CERTIFICATE" or "UNABLE TO GET
ISSUER CERTIFICATE", dependig the order I placed CA1 and CA2.

I read the documentation, and I found the -CApath option, the problem is I
don't know how to create a standard certificate directory in Windows 2000.
I checked the X509 documentation but I still can't create the directory...

Can anyone explain me how to create it ?

Thanks,
DG.

Daniel H. Gomes                     THINK - Tecnologias de Informacao
[EMAIL PROTECTED]             http://www.think.pt

Tel: +351.919.056.640 ou +351.213.590.285
Fax: +351.213.580.006