Michael Helm wrote:
[...]

What I wanted to try (& might eventually) is going back to the client
test we did some time ago.  We found that the client always ignored
the extra subjectaltname entries, and so I suspect that the subject
components are the ones evaluated.

To my knowledge, tests made recently with all major email clients available gave completely different results. Multiple emailAddress entries were not supported while multiple email within subjectAltName usage was supported (not by M$ client).

--

C'you,

Massimiliano Pala

--o------------------------------------------------------------------------
Massimiliano Pala [OpenCA Project Manager]               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                Tel.:   +39 (0)59  270  094
http://www.openca.org                           Fax:    +39   178  270 2077
http://openca.sourceforge.net                   Mobile: +39 (0)347 7222 365

University of Modena and Reggio Emilia