Frederic Evrard wrote:
I'm using open-ssl to do EAP-TLS authentication, then I've a question
about something strange for me.
When you want to use TLS to mount an uncrypted tunnel, you need a session
key, but in authentication you only need certificate checking ?? Why
generate pre-master-key, master-key, etc... if datas aren't crypted after
authentication. Is it just to respect the protocol ?

For computing the HMACs keys are needed, therefore you need the pre-master-key etc. in any case.
Ciao,
Richard
--
Dr. Richard W. Könning