To sign the certificate, you must provide the CA's cert and the CA's private key.
This is the command that I use usually:

openssl ca -config config.cnf -in new.cer -out user.pem -keyfile ca.pk -cert ca.pem

I hope it will help you.

Frederic.

Jagadeesha T wrote:

HI all,

I have a CSR generated from Sun One LDAP server. That Request needs to be signed, I 'am using openssl ca option to sign that request like

../bin/openssl ca -out cert.pem -config ./openssl.cnf -verbose -infiles new.cer.

new.cer is a request generated by the LDAP server.

It is giving "Error reading certificate request in new.cer".

I 'am new ssl, openssl. Please can anybody help me how can make use ca to sign the request generated by LDAP server.

The error number is "26744:error:0906D066:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:bad end line:pem_lib.c:768:"

Thanks and Regards,

Jagadeesha T