Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:

> In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:10:35 +0800,
> 黄志军 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> hzhijun> i execute the test.html in internet explorer and it return a
> hzhijun> correct index1.html page.  But if i change the method from
> hzhijun> 'get' to 'post', it return the message
> hzhijun> "
> hzhijun> Method Not Allowed
> hzhijun> The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /index1.html.
> hzhijun> "
> hzhijun>
> hzhijun> why???

> First of all, this has absolutely *nothing* to do with SSL (let alone
> OpenSSL).

> The POST method usually means you want to send data to a CGI script or
> something like that.  A HTML page usually isn't a CGI script.
> However, I would think this is really a matter of Apache configuration
> that has nothing to do with SSL, so you should probably ask on the
> usual Apache lists to get an accurate answer.

Well, what is Apache supposed to do in this case?  You have data
arguments from the POST, but the URL is for a simple data file fetch.
Ignore the arguments and just give you the data file?

BTW using a CGI script on GET is one way to do dynamic data.
But I can't think of any useful semantic for POST on something that is
not a CGI script or other input data handler, so I agree that giving a
diagnostic is reasonable in this case.

--
Charles B (Ben) Cranston
mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]