-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von Bernhard Froehlich
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 12. Januar 2005 11:54
An: openssl-users@openssl.org
Betreff: Re: Newbie Question SSL Apache

R. Markham wrote:

> Hallo,
>

> I have a question regarding SSLCACertificateFile from the SSL-Apache
> in http.conf File. I have a  server certificate which is issued by our
> Sub CA. My Question which Certificate must I use the Root CA or the
> Sub CA Certificate. The Root CA Certificate is issued by DFN-PCA in
> Hamburg/Germany, and the Sub CA is produced by our selves.

This is a question that should be best answered by the issuing CA... ;)

As far as I understand it the File pointed at by SSLCACertificateFile
must contain both Certs, the Root-CA's and the Sub CA's since Apache
sends the complete Certificate chain to the browser.

> TIA
>

> <>R. Markham <>

Kind regards,
Ted