I'm having a problem where after encrypting data and
then decrypting it, the result is a few bytes of
garbage (probably one block), and then the rest of
the data is the same as the original.  I'm using
EVP_Seal* and EVP_Open* to perform the encryption.

I tested with AES, DESX, and blowfish, and all have
garbage at the beginning of the output.

I've been thru the code several times, and checked
that the initialization vector is the same when
encrypting and decrypting.  Since I am getting most
of the data back, I must be recovering the session
key correctly.

Has anybody run into this sort of thing before?
Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike