Stefan Müller wrote:
Hi,

I am running FreeBSD 5.3Beta4 with OpenSSL 0.9.7d installed.

For my student research project on timing attacks against SSL, I need to downgrade OpenSSL to version 0.9.7 release Dec 31_2002 (or to OpenSSL <= 0.9.6h) since newer versions are already patched against these attacks.

What I already tried is:

./config

make

make install

This seems to downgrade the OpenSSL binaries only (openssl version shows 0.9.7 release Dec 31_2002).

The shared libraries /lib/libcrypto.so.3 and /usr/lib/libssl.so.3 are still from the newer Version.

Can anyone please tell me how to downgrade the OpenSSL binaries AND the shared libraries?

have a look at the INSTALL file (hint: use the "shared" configure option)

Nils