On Wed, Jun 01, 2005, Julien VEHENT wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm having an OCSP Responder on my CA and i want to use it in order to
> generate
> CRL's on others servers.
>
> So the idea is:
>
> +-----+
> | CA &|<====ocsp request====(1)===+-----------+>>(3)>\
> |ocsp |...........................|openvpn srv|......(CRL GENERATION)
> +-----+=====ocsp response===(2)==>+-----------+<<(4)</
>
> and with the ocsp response i want to generate a CRL.
>
> For the ocsp resquest, i'm using the openssl toolkit with a cron. But i have
> several problems:
>
> _How can i request all certificates managed by my CA in one ocsp request ?
> (i don't want to copy all of these signed certificates on all of my openvpn
> servers)
>
> _How can i encode the response in PEM format in order to use it with OpenVPN ?
>
> I really want to use the OCSP protocol for several reason (including security
> consideration) so publication through HTTP protocol is not a good solution for
> me.
>

> Could you help me ?... :)

OCSP can't really be used that way unless you include the serial numbers of
*all* that CAs certificates in the request. That could result in a very large
request and responder overhead.

What is your problem with HTTP? A CRL is digitally signed so it can't be
tampered with.

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.