> What I think is as its the application's responsibility to retry
> the "same" openssl operation whenever it receives a WANT_READ or
> WANT_WRITE, why cant we simply overwrite the buffer that is passed
> to say SSL_write with the next payload that needs to be sent when we hit
> that error code, in this way we can automatically drop the earlier
> payload that was attempted.
> Hope this is correct.
>
> Thanks
> --Gayathri

        As long as the other side knows how to deal with it. For example, if
your
protocol is ASCII based, you could reserve an embedded nul to indicate a
"break" and that previous partial requests should be ignored. Otherwise, in
practice, you will be able to rely on being able to do this.

        The SSL protocol has no way to 'glue' application bytes together into a
record. It's a byte stream protocol. What will happen is you'll call
SSL_write and some fraction of what you think of as a record will be
accepted. But then a renegotiation will occur. So now what?

        DS