Hello all,
I have an application wherein I digitally sign files. In that application, I have an option to include timestamp of the *data file* in the signature as an un-authenticated attribute. I would like to know the OID this attribute should have.

Since I am not timestamping the signature, I can't use this one

id-aa-timeStampToken OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { iso(1) member-body(2)
  us(840) rsadsi(113549) pkcs(1) pkcs-9(9) smime(16) aa(2) 14 }

which is defined in the rfc 3161.

In the same rfc, I found this one

PKIXTSP {iso(1) identified-organization(3) dod(6) internet(1)
  security(5) mechanisms(5) pkix(7) id-mod(0) id-mod-tsp(13)}

I understand that this refers to the ASN1 module that describes various types defined in that rfc 3161. Is that true? Can I use this OID for my purpose(OID for timestamp response as an un-authenticated attribute)?

- sravan