Areg,

I haven’t seen it looking though the 0.9.7 api…but you could try to load the files into the object containers and see if it holds it…WARNING: THIS MAY CAUSE YOUR APPLICATION TO NOT FUNCTION PROERLY!

Hope this helps.

Victor

From: owner-openssl-users@openssl.org [mailto:owner-openssl-users@openssl.org] On Behalf Of Areg Alimian
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 2:53 PM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Determining certificate type

Hello all,

Is there an API call within OpenSSL libraries which will return the type (e.g. PKCS#12 cert, PKCS#7 cert chain, etc) of a given certificate file?

Your response would be much appreciated.

-Areg Alimian

P.S.  This might appear as a redundant message, but I don’t think the original one got posted on this mailing list.