Hello everybody,

I hope the following text will help everybody, who is not used to
compiling things, to build the OpenSSL 0.9.8 DLLs by themselves with
MinGW under Win32.
Let's hope the next sourcecode release will fix this dependecy.

Regards
Matthias "Maddes" Bücher
http://www.maddes.net/
Home: Earth / Germany / Ruhr-Area

Compiling OpenSSL 0.9.8 with MinGW
==================================
This HowTo includes infos taken from
http://www.mail-archive.com/openssl-users@openssl.org/msg40732.html

0. Use the latest MinGW runtime library *but* use the older GCC 3.3.1
package.

   I successfully compiled OpenSSL 0.9.8 with the following packages:
   * binutils-2.15.91-20040904-1
   * mingw32-make-3.80.0-3
   * mingw-runtime-3.8
   * w32api-3.3
   * gcc-core-3.3.1-20030804-1

1. Edit "ms\mingw32.bat":

   a) Add *after* the first two rem lines:
@echo off
rem Added by Maddes
perl -e "exit 1 if '%1' eq 'make'"
if errorlevel 1 goto make
@echo on

   b) Add *before* the "echo Building the libraries" line
rem Added by Maddes
:make

2. Make sure that MinGW's and Perl's BIN directories are in your path,
and do
   the following in your OpenSSL 0.9.8 sourcecode directory:

   a) Call "ms\mingw32"
   b) Edit "ms\mingw32a.mak":
      Add "$(OBJ_D)\x86cpuid.o" to the dependencies for CRYPTOOBJ.
   c) Process these commands:
cd crypto
perl x86cpuid.pl gaswin > x86cpuid.s
as -o ..\tmp\x86cpuid.o x86cpuid.s