On Sun, Nov 13, 2005, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am trying to make a C++ class to make encrytion and decrytion simple
> using the blowfish algorithm with openssl.  Anyways, I have modelled my
> program around
> http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue87/misc/vinayak/sym_funcs.c.txt which is
> a C program for reading and writing files, with encrytion using openssl.
> Anyways, both programs seem to fail the same way on larger files (they
> will pass on smaller files) and I can't seem to get EVP_DecryptFinal_ex to
> work.
> Here are my encrypt and decrypt functions with my defines as follows

I suggest you rely on the documentation instead. The normal way to do things
is to call EVP_EncryptInit_ex() initially, then call EVP_EncryptUpdate() one
or more times on each chunk to be encrypted and finally call
EVP_EncryptFinal_ex() when all data has been handled.

That example seems to be calling EVP_EncryptFinal_ex() on each chunk.

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.