Dudue Doo wrote:

I would like to implement a C++ program that will use openssl to encrypt packets using AES 128 bit key.

However, the problem is that I live in the US. Does this mean that I will be breaking the export control law if I put the program on a server for others to download? I have look at various sources but could not find the answer to my question.

You *really* should have a lawyer guide you, but if you look on the BIS website
with respect to open source code, there are certain TSU exemptions for open
source software, and alternate policies w.r.t. commercial applications that
rely on open source cryptography modules, relying on some basic notifications
to the BIS at time of publication.

Not saying it's not an issue, just that it's one you can probably address
without too much hand wringing or cost.

Bill