Hi,

From http://www.openssl.org/docs/crypto/RSA_size.html:
rsa->n must not be NULL.

In your code, it probably is. RSA_new initializes the structure but doesn't generate a key. Try calling RSA_generate_key() before RSA_size():
http://www.openssl.org/docs/crypto/RSA_generate_key.html

Hope it helps !
**

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi everybody, I use openssl-0.9.7i to write a small program
on winxp, VC6.0 -----------------------------------------------------------
#include <stdio.h>
#include <openssl/rsa.h>

int  main( int argc, char* argv[] )
{
        RSA  *rsa_obj ;
        int   size ;

        CRYPTO_malloc_init() ;
rsa_obj = RSA_new();
        size = RSA_size( rsa_obj ) ;

        RSA_free(rsa_obj) ;

        return 0 ;
}
I have change library option as  MD, but error occurs when
calling RSA_size(),

execution error is Unhandled exception in main.exe(LIBEAY32.DLL):0xC0000005:Access Violation What this message means ?

Thnaks
                                           Lung Sheng Chien
                                           Tsing Hua university, R.O.C

Alain Damiral,

I hope this message makes me look like a very intelligent person

Université Catholique de Louvain - student
alain.damiral'at'student.info.ucl.ac.be