Hey Folks,

I've hit a bit of a wall here. I want to build a simple client and server that can handle SSL and TLS connections. It's not turning out as simple as it looks and googling hasn't yielded a solution either.

Put simply. If I create a client-server where one end uses TLSv1_method() and the other uses SSLv23_method(), they refuse to negotiate. If both ends are set to SSLv23_method() then I see (from SSL_get_current_cipher) that an SSLv3 connection is negotiated (wish it was TLS, then i'd be happy).

Is there some (hopefully easy) method to create a server that can handle either SSL or TLS incoming connections? Or, if both ends support it, negotiate to TLS?

TIA,

-lee