On Mon, Feb 13, 2006, Khai Doan wrote:

> Has anyone successfully create a double wildcard certificate
> (*.*.domain.com) ?  Does it work with MSIE 6 XP service pack 2 ?
>
> Attached is my openssl.cnf, my test CSR, and my test certificate.  Can you
> please see if anything wrong?
>
> Does anyone has a working certificate with subjectAltName that I can take a
> look ?

You can successfully create one easily enough but it is unlikely to work. It
is a violation of RFC3280 and probably wont be implemented in MSIE. I haven't
tried it personally so there's an outside chance it might work.

If you want to include multiple separate host names then that is legal and
should work fine.

I can't comment on the CSR and test certificate as the attachment doesn't seem
to have been included...

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.