Wow, the issue has been resolved. Many thanks for keen eyes. After commenting out the SSLCertificateChainFile directive in my httpd.conf, one was still returned in the handshake. I include a dir of vhost.conf's and had backed up the one which had ssl issues. Apache was still pulling the back'd up .conf for this vhost and getting duplicate and conflicting info.

This completes my longest solo mission in the cockpit since I entered the net. Thanks Doc for a safe landing!

-W