In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Sat, 18 Mar 2006 02:27:18 -0500, "Hector
Santos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

ssluser> I have multiple applications using OPENSSL 0.9.7c and I'm finally
getting
ssluser> around to updating it.
ssluser>
ssluser> I have downloaded and recompiled the *eay*.dll files for:
ssluser>
ssluser>     0.9.7i
ssluser>     0.9.8a
ssluser>
ssluser> Can I just use the new DLLs for 0.9.8a or do I need to
ssluser> recompile my applications?  I take it I will be fine with
ssluser> 0.9.7i dlls.

It really depends on what your application uses the libraries for.
There are some fundamental changes in some parts of the libraries
between the 0.9.7 and the 0.9.8 series, so to be on the safe side, I'd
recommend you to recompile your applications for 0.9.8a.

Cheers,
Richard

-----

Richard Levitte                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                        http://richard.levitte.org/

                                                -- C.S. Lewis