> Brad Brock wrote:
> > Hi, I'am a newbie programmer. I want to learn how to
> > build an application that communicate over SSL. Can
> > anyone show me where to find the references? Thank you.
>
> Network Security with OpenSSL by John Viega, Matt Messier and Pravir
> Chandra, ISBN 059600270X

Agreed.  I found this book essential.  Another useful book is
"SSL and TLS Designing and Building Secure Systems" by Eric
Rescorla - there's not many code examples but it really helps
understanding of what SSL does.

I posted a document recently on this mailing list which has some
notes on using OpenSSL.  If you wish I'll post it again.

Best Regards,
Mark Williams