On Tue, Aug 15, 2006, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have problems displaying a special kind of X509 certificate.  X509_print()
> returns without error, but afterwards the error stack contains an error
> 'wrong tag'.  The openssl x509 utility has no problems with this
> certificate, neither does the i2d_X509().
>
> Is there another possibility, converting a X509 certificate into human
> readable format, or do I have to adopt the part in x509.c ?

That might be an extension issue. X509_print() attempts to parse extensions
and an error like that can occur if an extension is not encoded properly.

The extension it fails on will then be printed out in a ASCII dump.

Either post the certificate producing that error or try the x509 utility with
the "-certopt ext_error" option which will give an error message on the failig
extension.

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.