Bonjour François,

On 26/08/2006, at 1:42 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Using the last version of openSSL, I am trying to create a certificate request, but have some issues on the syntax of the configuration file for the req command.

My organization has a tree of OU (between the O and the CN)
[snip]
[ req_distinguished_name ]

C=UK

O=United Kingdom - DDDDDDD

OU=ZZZZ VVVV PKI - United Kingdom

OU=XXXX YYYY PKI Internal - United Kingdom

CN= SSL subCA to AD

You need to add a 0. to the beginning of the second OU line. And if you needed further, you would have 1.OU=; 2.OU=; etc.

0.OU=XXXX YYYY PKI Internal - United Kingdom

or, if you were using the full syntax:

0.organizationalUnitName=XXXX YYYY PKI Internal - United Kingdom

cheers,

James Lever
Senior Systems Analyst
--