Brown, Michael A wrote:
> I’m looking at an app where the app and all libs/DLLs it uses EXCEPT
> openssl use ws2_32, and openssl uses wsock32. Is this a problem or can
> the two coexist peacefully? It makes me somewhat uneasy.

Well, using winsock period makes me uneasy ;-)

Seriously - no - there's no issue.  You are coming from a unix perspective
where an exported function such as 'connect()' exists once in the global
symbol table.  Not so on win32 - it's more akin to the OSX two-level name-
space schema.  When you bind a symbol on windows, you bind the PE Binary to
the specific function -within- a specific DLL.

Because they all become system handles, there are really no other differences.

Bigger issues include using nonblocking sockets on winsock functions that
really expected a blocking socket, etc.