I have an existing application (which I don't control) that sends me files
that were encrypted using an openssl comand like:

openssl enc -e -des -pass pass:<passphrase>

I would like to decrypt these files inside a Java application and generate
response files that the client can decrypt using a similar openssl command.

I've been trying to figure out how to do this using the javax.crypto API but
so far I haven't had any luck.  I know the passphrase used to encrypt the
data but I haven't figured out the right way to use it to generate a key
using javax.crypto that is valid to decrypt the data.

I'd appreciate any help or pointers
--
Marc