[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi all,
I'm a new user trying to use the EC_DH benefits on key sharing.
But I'm having some problems to understand how it works...
First, in(ecdhtest.c),
aout=ECDH_compute_key(abuf,alen,EC_KEY_get0_public_key(b),a,KDF1_SHA1);
it generates the following key in both sides Alice and Bob
key Alice = B51C8F5AFDEC7ACA11EAD5EA184732839C7B7502
key Bob   = B51C8F5AFDEC7ACA11EAD5EA184732839C7B7502
Now, I'd be very please if someone could explain me how this generated key
should be used.

if you generate a shared secret key with a key agreement scheme
you should know what you want to do with it ... normally such
keys / secrets are used for session keys for symmetric crypto
algorithms.

Cheers,
Nils