-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of terry johnston
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2007 16:16
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: openssl with non-blocking comms

Hello All. I am trying to implement openssl with a server that uses an
event notification library under Linux. I am using bio pairs to separate
the non-blocking comms from the ssl layer. I am currently not able to
get past the first
SSL_accept() call.

Each new client connection does the following...

- gets accepted normally
- creates a bio pair
- sets up read & write event notification
- receives a read notification - reads data & adds it to the network bio
using BIO_write()
- does a SSL_accept(), which returns -1
- calls SSL_get_error(), which returns 111 - "not yet implemented"?
- calls BIO_ctrl_pending() on the network bio, which shows there is
nothing to get (presume I would call a BIO_read() to get any data for
on-sending)
- adds another read event notification but nothing arrives

what am I doing wrong?!

thank you in advance
Terry Johnston
--