First off I'm a complet noob here. I don't do open source and I'm not a
programmer.

I have been handed a job that goes something like this.

A webserver has a certificate that has expired. Openssl was used to create the
cert, and is used as a proxy of some sort to handle redirects. I have renewed
the certificate but have no clue how to get it installed where it needs to be.

If you go to the website in question it still gives notification that the
certificate is expired.

Any information needed I can likely provide but as I said I'm a total noob to
this openssl thing.