Am Di, 8.05.2007, 21:48, schrieb Kyle Hamilton:
>> Randomness is randomness.  However, the important thing is that the
>> randomness is not known, and the randomness cannot be retrieved.
>>
>> If you're worried about passing the tests on a subset of the data,
>> take the subset that you're thinking of and run the tests on it.  If it's
>> truly random, it will pass no matter what subset you take.

Yes, I will run the tests as soon as I have programmed an useful and
secure way to chunk and dispatch the random data.

>> I don't know what the characteristics of the encrypted stream would
>> be (to an eavesdropper) if the encrypted stream is completely random.
>> Theoretically it shouldn't make a difference, but I haven't
>> heard of any research on the topic.  (Most research attempts to apply a
>> cryptographically-generated sequence of apparently-random bytes to an
>> information stream, thus making the stream appear random.  It / should/
>> just appear like any other encrypted information stream.)
>>
>> -Kyle H

I see.
So I am quite shure I will not introduce a security flaw by chunking the
data stream and transmitting it over the network with ssh2.

Many thanks for your thoughts !

PS: If someone has thoughts on this as well, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Robert