On Wed, May 09, 2007, Christopher Kunz wrote:

> Dr. Stephen Henson schrieb:
> > Hmmm that error shouldn't be encountered when you load a certificate. It
> > suggests that you have an RSA private key but that it is in an invalid
> > format.
> >
> I forgot to mention that openssl x509 -text -noout -in mycertchain.pem
> does produce valid output, and seems to disregard the error that
> prevents the certificate from actually being usable. To me that means
> that it somehow has to be syntactically correct. I can provide you with
> demo credentials if that is of any help - they are set to run out after
> 12 hours anyway. :)
>
> Thanks for your help,

What I meant was that error looks like there is a private key in the file
which is causing the function PEM_read_bio_X509_INFO() to fail when it
attempts to read it rather than a certificate reading error or possibly that
error is from a previous function call.

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.